Monday, October 27, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
This Halloween, the scariest place in South Philly is Dr. Awkward's Spooktacular Haunted Row House. Dr. Awkward is taking horror to horrific and horrifying to new heights of horror with special effects, professional actors and a level of realism more than justifying the $45 admission price
Within the walls of The Haunted Row House you'll experience scream-inducing sights, shocking sounds and soul-destroying scares lurking at every turn. The first stop on our spine-tingling traverse is: THE LIVING-DEAD ROOM!!
Then, struggle to maintain your sanity in THE GHOULISH GALLERY!
Next, you can take a few steps closer to hell, and see the monstrosities we've got stored our BLOODY BASEMENT!!
If you're brave enough, you can see what's cooking in THE KILLER'S KITCHEN! Who know what manner of nightmarish creature stalks these tiled floors.
Finally, face the ultimate terror of the unknown. Reach into our HORROR HOLE and feel the fright!
Dr. Awkward's Spooktacular Haunted Row House is not recommended for children younger than 10, the weak of heart, pregnant women, or chickens!
Closes October 31, Don't miss out on the madness! Save your ticket stub, %15 discount for repeat guests!
Food and beverages such as coffee, hot chocolate, soda, pretzels, hot dogs and popcorn will be available for purchase.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
First off you have to stay loose. This is crucial. Loose as a goose. You want feel like you have had at least five beers 80% of the time you are performing. The other 20% is a combination of keeping up an extreme sweat and having a stomach ache. If this sounds and seems uncomfortable to you, you're wrong and you should just stop reading this because you don't have what it takes to make it. Loser.
The first workout is used to develop trust. If your comedy team lacks trust, you're in some big trouble. You will crash and burn at the mere attempt of humor.
Trust falls are indispensable. They not only instill group confidence, they keep you light on your toes. Any one can fall at a moments notice. For those of you feeling a little more adventurous, take it up a notch with some trust surgery.
After establishing trust, it is imperative that you take a shit.
Clear bowels are the life blood a sketch. This can not be stressed enough. You don't want that coming out mid-scene.
To be properly warmed and ready to go you have to know the game plan. If someone is not set or runs the wrong route, your jokes will fall flat and you will look like a bunch of amateurs. Always study your playbook.
What you guys don't have playbooks?...Jesus, you're hopeless.
Alright we now have trust, clean empty stomachs, and a feeling of self satisfaction that will last for minutes. The last on the list is probably the toughest. Of course I talking about.......... the veggie tray.
Eat it up, the more dip you use the funnier you are on stage.
So there you go. Cats out of the bag. You want to make little comedy? You want make some people laugh? This is how it works. You just have to stick to the plan.